3 weeks out from my first fitness competition
This is where I stand at 3 weeks out (taken Saturday, June 22)
School is officially over, so focus is 100% on prep, training, and practicing my posing. My photoshoot is 10 days, all my appointments for my tan are scheduled, I ordered a jar of DreamTan for touch ups, I have all my make up ready, and I should get my suit sometime this week. SO EXCITED.
18 days to go.
4 weeks out from my first fitness competition
This post was meant to be posted Saturday, sorry for the delay. Life is REALLY busy at 4 weeks out (well, 3.5 weeks now).
4 weeks out, getting leaner, but a bit bloated because of digestion issues. My diet has changed and I’m now carb cycling. I’m eating more protein and less carbs, and that’s probably why I’m having trouble with my digestion. I’m the king of person who digests carbs and fats really well, but has some trouble digesting protein. It leaves me with bloat, cramps, and gas (TMI ?) Hopefully my body will adjust to my new diet soon.
Carb cycling is probably what will melt the last couple pounds of fat that need to be lost. I’m excited to see the shredding process really happen. But, cravings are high and energy is low. I keep pushing though, because I know what I want, and I’m determined to step on that stage and bring home a big trophy ;)
Also, less than 2 weeks before my photoshoot with Warren Zelman. Photoshoot outfits are all ready and my spray tan appointment is booked. Excited to see the pictures and share them with all of you guys !
Stay tuned, more updates coming in the next days !
At 30 days out from my first IDFA Show, here’s a little sneak peek of my back progression since the beginning of the year.
Defining my arms is a struggle for me since it’s where I hold most of my fat. But hopefully, in the next 4 weeks they will lean down so I can finally have that definition I’ve always wanted.
2 weeks until my photoshoot with Warren Zelman, and 1 month until the big day. Focus is at its max.
5 weeks out from IDFA National Capital Classic
Morning abs at 5 weeks out (relaxed)
Some of my favorite foods I had to say goodbye to : all nut butters (except coconut butter), sprouted grain bread, all natural jam, and more. It was hard, but we will meet again on July 13.
A concoction I made with my new list of foods : oatmeal, half an apple, 1 tbsp coconut butter, 1 tbsp sugar free syrup, and cinnamon. HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH.
I’m feeling pretty good, leaner and tighter everyday. Only 35 days to go, and I plan to make the best of them all !
6 weeks out from IDFA National Capital Classic
This post was supposed to be posted last Saturday, but life got busy with school and finals.
I am officially 6 weeks out from my very first fitness competition at the age of 19 : IDFA National Capital Classic. This is where I stand today.
- Cardio has increased
- Weight sessions are more intense and busy
- I’m eating a little less carbs
IT’S SHRED TIME BABY ! Let’s do this.
”What has Val been up to ?” in pictures
Grocery shopping to stock up on my clean eats
Creating new food alternatives that fit my comp prep plan. Clean Nutella anyone ? Recipe is on the previous post.
Eating on the go. Yes, comp prep can be pretty hectic, especially combined with your final week at school …
Taking shameless selfies at the gym because who doesn’t do it ?
Sorry for the lack of updates, I’m working on my ”6 weeks out” update post at the moment and it will probably be up by tomorrow. Stay tuned !
Clean French Crepes with Nutella filling
Ingredients for the Nutella
- 1 tbsp all natural HAZELNUT butter
- A little less than a tsp pure cacao
- 1/2-3/4 packet Stevia
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. THAT’S IT. It shoud look like this …
(picture from bottomlessbelly)
Ingredients for the crepes
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 whole egg and 2 whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet Stevia
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor/blender
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour some the batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip gently with a spatula, and cook until golden on the other side.
- Spread the clean Nutella on the pancakes
- Add a line of banana slices and sliced strawberries in the middle of each crepes (or other fruits of your choice) and roll them up.
- OPTIONAL : Top with a little bit of sugar free syrup or pure maple syrup.
Makes 3 large THIN crepes.
Vlog Update #2 : 7 weeks out from IDFA National Capital Classic
50 days out - Progress and diet tweaks
Officially 50 days out today and tomorrow, I will be 7 weeks out. SO CLOSE GUYS, SO CLOSE. So, what’s new at 50 days out ?
- Leaning out nicely. I lost 1.7% body fat in 22 days … on a high carb diet and while doing minimal cardio ! Talk about a healthy and fast metabolism ;)
- New diet tweaks in effect starting today. A little less carbs and healthy fats, which makes me a bit sad, but it’s ok because I can’t wait for the real shred process !
- New training plan coming soon (June 1st) and I can’t wait to see what it will be. Probably a very busy schedule with more cardio.
- Sending posing videos and photos to my coach every week now. I never laughed so hard at myself. I don’t think I can get more awkward, lol. But practice will make me perfect I guess ?
- 2 weeks of school left, so it’s pretty hectic and I have a lot of stuff to do. I officially finish June 6th, but I have a summer class until June 21st after. Then, I’ll be 3 weeks out from my comp so I’ll be able to focus 100% on my training. And a week after my comp, I’m going to Wildwood NJ to go have some fun with my fam and some friends.
60 days out - IT’S FREE !
After being cheat free for 45 days in a row and following my food plan to the T (or almost … damn nut butters !), I finally got the go from my coach to enjoy one free meal/cheat meal/guilt-free meal. I don’t even know how to call them anymore, ha.
I was so surprised at how good I was with my food plan, but also at how I almost didn’t have any cravings at all (except for nut butters, lol). There are cookies, candies, and other treats everywhere in the house and I don’t even want them. I don’t even look at them. Oh, and did I mention I work part-time at a Dairy Queen ? Yeah, my willpower is strong ;)
That being said, you can understand how hard it was to pick my free meal. I had to sit and really think about what I wanted to have because I wasn’t craving anything in particular. That’s why I love my FitnessPrint plan so much. It is balanced and has variety. I eat meals that taste like a free meal everyday, like my amazing Banana Coconut pancakes or my Protein Peanut Butter Cups.
I finally chose to go to my favorite restaurant/bakery, Elixor, and have my favorite burger :
And for dessert, I shared a slice of caramel turtle cheesecake with my sister.
IT WAS DELISH. And this time, I didn’t end up in a fetal position on the ground. I took my time, ate slowly, and enjoyed every bite. Of course, my stomach and digestive system didn’t take it too well a few hours after, eek. Even today, my stomach was upset and my digestion … well not at its best (TMI ?)
The sad part is that it was probably my last free meal before my competition … Coach said I’m too close to my show date and that there’s still a lot of work to do, so having a free meal every week would be counterproductive. That’s ok though, I’m totally ok with my food plan because it’s not boring at all and I enjoy the food I eat.
Now, back to my clean eats. 60 days out, it’s getting closer !